Everything to Know About Deep Pore Cleansing Facials
What is a deep pore cleansing facial?
When we think of oily skin, we think of that greasy residue that collects over the day on our faces. It is a natural occurrence and really just means that there is excess oil coming out of your pores after you cleanse your face. Throughout the day, your face will continue to appear shiny. A deep pore cleansing facial helps to cleanse deep into the pores of the skin, reducing the overproduction of oil and leaving your skin feeling matte and oil-free.
The deep pore cleansing facial is ideal for those with acne caused by excessive oil and those with oily, combination skin types. This facial focuses on extraction, a bit of exfoliation, and a deep cleanse which make it not so suitable for sensitive skin due to its slightly abrasive nature.
Why do you need a deep pore cleansing facial?
Have you ever wondered why your products may not be working as well as you would like? Well, it’s because you are applying it over layers of build-up on the skin, and it’s not penetrating properly to work well. The purpose of a deep pore cleansing facial is to clean out the pores from congestion, meaning removing blackheads and milia leaving your skin clean and fresh. This allows your products to deeply penetrate and nurture your skin.
What to expect on a deep pore cleansing facial?
- Prep cleaning: The deep pore cleansing starts off by cleaning the skin of all environmental impurities and dirt on the skin, to begin the treatment with a clean slate, a cleanser specially picked out for you by your therapist according to your skin type.
- Steam: Warm steam is not only relaxing, it also softens the surface of your skin to enhance removal of dead skin and impurities. It helps soften blackheads and milia plugs to gently release from the skin during extractions.
- Exfoliating: The exfoliation is designed to remove dead skin cells on the outer layer of the skin, speeding up product penetration and skin cell turnover. Exfoliation keeps your skin youthful with a glow. It can be administered either manually, mechanical, or chemically. The right form of exfoliation is key for healthy results.
- Extractions: The most important part of the deep cleansing facial is the extractions. Extractions are when the therapist removes blackheads manually or with an extractor to release a clogged pore. Milia is also removed during extractions with a different technique.
- High frequency: This machine is used to treat stubborn acne and inflammation on the skin due to an infection. The light treats bacteria and redness on the skin.
- Mask: Finally the mask is the finishing touch to all facials. Once your skin is clean and without clogged pores or dead skin cells, you can finally apply nutrients which will penetrate your skin completely.
A deep pore cleansing facial can give your skin an almost immediate reset. You might first notice a brighter glow that makes your skin look fresh and rejuvenated. Your skin will look refreshed and smooth. A deep pore cleansing facial can help combat wrinkles or pesky fine lines. Whether you’re going for rejuvenation or a simple refresh, deep pore cleansing can help you reach all your skincare goals.